Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Love & Sympathy

Well I've fallen behind on my Christmas card making.  I needed another birthday card for one of my client who's 90th birthday was Tuesday.  This lady loves to be out in the yard working and still mows her own lawn!  She inspires me to exercise and stay healthy!  So I made another card using the Corner Garden background stamp like the one HERE.  I did use different colors for this latest one.  I hope she liked it.

Well sometimes in life we need sympathy cards and that was the case for me earlier in the week.  My deceased cousins' husband passed away, so I needed to send a card to his daughter.  Bill was a great guy and we always enjoyed visiting with him and my cousin when we could, they lived in Omaha.  After my cousin passed away, Bill took really good care of my aunt and did a lot of things for her, I'm sure she will really miss him too.

Here is the card that I sent.  It is simple but I think elegant and I think the deep blue is a good color for a masculine sympathy card.

Here is what I used:
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Midnight Muse (retired), Very Vanilla
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso and Night of Navy
Honeycomb Embossing Folder
Linen Thread

Well, this is all for today, I hope to be back soon to see you all.  Mary

No comments: