Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Lovely As A Tree

Well the Labor Day week-end will soon start.  We don't have any plans as of now, we usually just hang out at home, which is kind of nice too.  Although we might be able to sneak in a visit with the grand baby too!

I saw a card similar to this one in my in box a week or two ago.  Amy K. used the new stamp set, Wonderland to make her card, I don't have that one, but I knew I could get a similar look by using my favorite, Lovely As A Tree stamp set!  So that is what I did.  This card is a lot larger than the normal ones I make, it is a 5" x 7" card, which seems HUGE to me!  I wanted to make the area smaller on the card front so I flipped it over and used my Simply Score Board and stylus and made my embossed border,  starting a 1/4" from top, bottom and both sides.  I used Whisper White that was 4" x 5-1/4", stamped the trees on the front with Mossy Meadow and did some second and third generation images too.  I let it dry for a couple minutes before I started my sponging.  Then I tore the bottom off, maybe 1/2" or so.  I sponged Soft Sky in the middle and then Night of Navy around the outside edges.  I also added some Crumb Cake at the bottom.  I then wrapped some Linen Thread around it a couple times and tied a knot.  I also added some shimmer to the front to make it look slightly frosty.  To get a closer view, just click on the picture.  The sentient is from Blessings from Heaven-retired.


This card is going to my husband's cousins' wife, she was in a very bad car accident in June and she is still in rehab.   Poor thing was in ICU for almost a month after the accident.  So I've been sending her a card at the beginning of each month letting her know that we are praying for her and to let her know we are thinking of her.

Have a great day and hope to be back on Monday!  Mary

No comments: